The March Nismo, offered in two grades, combines head-turning Nismo styling with excellent on-road performance. The car will appeal to motorsports enthusiasts as well as a wider range of customers who desire a car with a sporty nature wrapped in an efficient and affordable package. Of note, the March Nismo features the company’s aerodynamic technology that has been honed through the Nissan GT-R’s involvement in the Super GT Series, Japan’s top road racing series. Thanks to the refined exterior, the March Nismo achieves zero lift, resulting in improved road -holding ability and increased driving stability.
Two trim levels will be offered: the base March Nismo and the March Nismo S. The base March Nismo is intended for customers who are environmentally and financially conscious—the fuel economy is equivalent to that of the stock Nissan March—while wanting to make a sporty statement through the car’s enhanced exterior, which boasts improved aerodynamic performance. The upgrade model March Nismo S will appeal to driving enthusiasts who appreciate the values of motorsports-inspired technology and added performance via more power and superior handling.
Highlights of March Nismo include:
- Motorsports-inspired technologies, highlighted by a specially-tuned suspension system that provides excellent handling, better overall agility and increased driving pleasure than the stock March. A custom exterior design with improved aerodynamic performance and dedicated interior.
Two grades are offered:
- The base March Nismo, based on the original X grade with a 1.2L gasoline engine with the Idling Stop system and XTRONIC CVT.
- The performance-oriented March Nismo S, equipped with a specially-tuned 1.5L gasoline engine mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and featuring enhanced body rigidity.
|March Nismo <MSRP (sales tax included)>||(Currency: Japanese Yen)|
[Nismo S special tuning]
XTRONIC CVT: Continuously Variable Transmission
5MT:5-speed manual transmission
Available in two trim levels, the March Nismo offers something for everybody, with the base car stressing the joys of city driving, while the performance-oriented Nismo S caters to the more spirited driver. The March Nismo has the following equipment:
Main customized equipment used for both Nismo and Nismo S
○ Motorsports-inspired aerodynamic design and custom exterior with the red accents
Nismo’s aerodynamic technology that has been honed through the Nissan GT-R’s involvement in the Super GT Series, Japan’s top road racing series, is featured in the March Nismo. Thus, the March Nismo achieves zero lift, resulting in improved road holding ability and increased driving stability.
- Special front bumper with the edge of the center part of the front spoiler raised to catch the wind and generate downforce
- Special roof spoiler with optimized length and angle (with High Mount Stop Lamp) and special rear bumper with an optimized shape that reduces air resistance
- Special front grille
- Nismo badges (front and rear)
- Special fender molding (front and rear)
- Special side sill protectors
- Signature red door mirrors (linked to the door locks)
- Black-out door sash
- LED hyper daytime running lights (position lamp-linked)
- Rear fog lamps
- Privacy glass
- Three available exterior colors: Brilliant White Pearl, Brilliant Silver and Pure Black
- Alcantara®-covered steering wheel with red center mark with which the center position can be recognized at first sight. (with red stitching)
- Nismo badge (center cluster)
○ Chassis, tires and customized suspension
The March Nismo’s chassis is balanced to suit aggressive driving styles as well as around-the-town commuting. It features an enhanced steering feel and a lightweight body that enables precise cornering, as well as a suspension system that has been tuned to provide both glued-to-the-ground handling and a supple ride quality.
- Carefully-tuned special suspension (spring and shock absorber)
- 16-inch aluminum wheels
- Special Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 tires (205/45R16)
- Special vehicle speed-sensing electric power steering with optimized assist
- Ozone-safe full-auto air conditioner
- Auto light system
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
Nismo customized equipment (in addition to common equipment above)
- Special exhaust finisher
Nismo S customized equipment (in addition to common equipment above)
- Nismo S badges (front and rear)
○ Custom interior that makes the driver feel like part of the vehicle
The seats are upholstered with a special design and cloth that support an environment where one can concentrate on sporty driving. The color combination of black with the red accents placed throughout the cabin creates a sense of unity and a high-quality feel for the cockpit.
- Special sport bucket seat with non-slip suede-like cloth, providing comfort and securing the driver (with ‘nismo’ logo and the red stitching)
- Special instrument cluster (with 220-km/h) including tachometer with red dial and a ‘nismo’ logo
- Special shift knob and shift boot (with red stitching)
- Special Piano-black-colored finisher (shift knob, air-conditioner intake, front power window switch bases)
- Special aluminum accelerator, brake and clutch pedals
- Special aluminum footrest (with ‘nismo’ logo)
○ Powertrain and customized suspension
With the know-how gained in motorsports, best-in-class performance is achieved. The car has a flat, linear torque delivery over a wide band starting from low rpm. This allows ease of handling in city driving, while offering the high level of engine performance expected from a compact hot hatch.
- A 1.5-liter gasoline engine with displacement increased from the base Nissan March engine (HR15DE), specially tuned by Nismo S. With an extra 27 kW (37 PS) of power and 50 Nm (5.1 kgf/m) of torque, the engine produces 85 kW (116 PS) and 156 Nm (15.9 kfg/m).
- 5-speed manual transmission that can freely manage engine power
- Special tuning computer (ECM)
- Special exhaust system
- Customized suspension (stabilizer)
- Special brake system
- Quick steering gear ratio
○ Strengthened body rigidity
- Special front suspension member stay
- Special tunnel stay
- Special rear suspension stay
- Special tail crossbar
Hi-Res Gallery: 2013 Nissan March Nismo (11 pictures)